Monday, November 19, 2007

footsteps beneath my window

something's wrong. i want to put my finger on it but i cannot. i cannot do this any longer. i dont want to remember any of this. i can feel people looking at me differently. their pettiness saddens me. i want to forget all of this. every single memory.
i want to go home. i shall count the days like the prisoner does. i shall keep the voices in my head at bay. i will then go home and hug my mom. and i will cry.
i will watch lazy morning unfolding silently among morning walkers beneath my balcony. and on warm winter afternoons, we shall sit with our back to the sun and my grandma will re tell stories that she has told me a thousands times over. i dont remember a single story.
and then the stormy days. my mom will call from office and tell me to shut all the windows tight. i will. but i will keep one door open for me to peep out.
i dont want this. i dont need this. why didnt i die when i was 10? i never chose to grow up.
they made me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How many times did I tell you that you should never ever look back - always look for better tomorrow -for brighter sunny days ! You have one life to live - live it happily.. and moreover you are a very gifted human being , so, why do you think of death at this prime time of your life !!!!!!!! you have such good friends around you, you have us who always love you and protect you....yes you have to accept death , remember Didun lovingly - she is always giving you her ashirwad from up there....always remember that you are a very special human being and you should live happily full on and nothing wrong will ever happen to you....it's my promise , my word..whenever you are down think of me and take my mental strength and come out of it with a smile.. love you n always with you..
Maa

IS said...

Well I really never thought Sohini was a quitter.. and she so isnt that... the only problem is that loose nut in her brain... you really need some oiling and then things will be on the right track for you!

and btw... had u not grown up.. u wudnt have been here.. and if u wudnt have been here.. u wudnt have acted silly and if that wudnt have hapened.. i wudve missed out on all the chocos.. so... u were grown up to make me happy!! (and fat)!!

muaaahhhhh

Anonymous said...

Hey that's a very sad note...it makes me think of me sometimes on days I hate.But you know what I feel like a different being now.I know now I am happy being me...whatever I do it's for me...it's my life!And I love it!
To be confined to one place or person irks me!
Guess who?
Billie!

Unknown said...

How times change!!!!!!!!