Wednesday, May 28, 2008

look what the cat dragged in!

today was not supposed to be a good day.
i was terribly sick for the past two days, so much so that i suspected today will also get ruined in the aftermath.
i still dragged myself through the burnt wednesday morning and reached office in one piece.
and i was musing on the electronic highway, when a sudden rush of narcissism made me google myself.

sohini datta

i typed on the google search bar.
and lo n behold there were some odd 5 to 6 pages linked to me!!! browsing through them i came across one unusual link which bore something surprisingly familiar.

for a minute i couldnt believe it but yes, it was a link to DNA ME a magazine under DNA. which had published my story named MOCKTALES in their APRIL 22, 2007 issue.
i jus discovered it one year late.
i read it, and realized its a stupid story. for a second yr BA student, maybe worthwhile. but now, i think its just a poorly written stupid piece. yet its still one of the most precious pieces of writing that i would probably treasure for a long time to come, because of the way i discovered it.... or rather, it discovered me

http://digital.dnaindia.com/epaperpdf/2242007/21me-pg19-0.pdf
http://digital.dnaindia.com/epaperpdf/2242007/21me-pg18-0.pdf

4 comments:

g-man said...

yea, i remember how awesome it felt wen i saw my article on the quirk website. unfortunately, they don't publish quirk any more. it wasn't the same ever since aju left nlsiu, and now their site is totally trashed. i used to have a soft copy of the magazine, but i lost that when i lost my hard drive. now all i have is a copy of it on my blog.

will comment on your article wen i'm done reading :)

g-man said...

i wouldn't call it stupid, it just needs work. good on ya that ya got it printed tho :)

Jagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jagan said...

I dont understand why u never cared to keep this extremely evocative article into your resume.. Take yourself seriously.. Had i seen this article of yours before I would have persuaded to join print journalism.. You are an analog for digital journalism :).. Print needs you